POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Truck and trailer : Re: Truck and trailer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Truck and trailer
From: J  Diehl
Date: 5 Sep 2002 16:55:08
Message: <web.3d77c376a31ba4aae0c0cc580@news.povray.org>
Thomas van der Veen wrote:
>I just rendered it here at work and it looks great! Now all I need to do is
>to find sometime and implement it....

I'm pleased I could help. And thanks for the idea with Lego models - I'm
just starting with them and experimenting a little. But rebuilding your
truck would take me years... aaargh! Pieces never rest where I want to...!
'Nice' sculptures, though, look a bit like modern art or fractals or...
:-)))

Playing with LeoCAD and exporting to POV, I figured out that the coordinate
system is very different to mine (I'm not the first, I guess). But with
putting the parts into a union and do some rotate <-90,180,0> and scale
1.25 on it, it fits with my coordinates (x=left-right, y=up-down,
z=back-forward, 1 POV unit = 1 brick unit).

You'll have to find some translations for your parts, too. I think it's much
easier than trying to translate my script into any LeoCAD or LDraw
coordinate system.

have a nice time
jo