POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Nightside lights : Nightside lights Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Nightside lights
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 4 Sep 2002 21:15:06
Message: <web.3d76afc2d9d2c03118ccf4f70@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if this question is advanced enough to post in this group, but
anyway, here it is.

I'm making a model of the Earth to be seen from space. I've got textures for
oceans, land, clouds, and "lights of civilization". What I want to do is,
to make the lights only visible on the nightside of the Earth, and still be
able to rotate the Earth by any amount, so you can see different areas of
lights on the nightside, and different areas of land on the dayside. At the
moment, the lights are visible on both sides of the Earth, so how do I make
them be off on the dayside ond on on the nightside?

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this problem.

Rohan _e_ii