POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lens flares without third party addons : Re: Lens flares without third party addons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lens flares without third party addons
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 8 Aug 2002 02:15:09
Message: <web.3d520bdea8096802d02c7b870@news.povray.org>
>The thing about previous work by others is that it's often much more
>detailed than what you might be doing yourself for just one scene file. I
>wasn't sure if you were talking about the creation of a new lens flare
>include having multifunctionality or simply a single instance of a lens
>flare of a particular design (pattern).

Fidel viegas sent me this email:
==
>Why not grab a copy of an existing one and study the code?
>In that way you would learn how it works and how to implement your own. Who
>knows if you can improve it by making it more efficient?

>Anyway, good luck with that.

>Fidel.
==

I tried downloading a couple of ready made addons (NKFlare and Chris
Colefax's), but the problem with trying to study the code for them, is that
they seem to be incomprehensable. I can't seem to see how they work at all!

If I could find out how to make it myself, These MIGHT be less
incomprehensable.

Rohan _e_ii