POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Finding unknown coordinates : Finding unknown coordinates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Finding unknown coordinates
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 30 Jul 2002 00:03:02
Message: <web.3d460fb5e47fbcc2d02c7b870@news.povray.org>
I have a simple (and crappy) scene of what is supposed to be an elliptical
galaxy. The galaxy is made by randomly translating and rotating 15000 white
spheres with ambient 1.

What I need help with, is finding the coordinates of the translated and
rotated sphere, so I can then translate it by a fraction of its y-value to
squash the shape of the galaxy without distorting the shapes of the stars.

Can anyone help?

Rohan _e_ii