POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : WARNING: #exec and safety : Re: WARNING: #exec and safety Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WARNING: #exec and safety
From: Peter Popov
Date: 21 Oct 1999 11:00:00
Message: <vq8OOCOryczkiqlQUBSnixgJGof+@4ax.com>
On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:41:48 -0400, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

>I have a virus that will run (almost) in standard POV-Ray.  Should I post
>it?
>
>While developing this virus, I found a bug in POV-Ray's string handling
>routines -- sometimes a sequence such as "\"\\\\\",\"\\\"\"," will be
>incorrectly written to a file.
>
>Mark

I encountered a similar bug while I was trying to declare a string
defining a charset (all alphanumerals, punctuation and math symbols).
For some reason the parser choked on the double-quote and backslash,
even though I had a backslash before each of those. I did not explore
the depths of this bug because I used another approach.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700