POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Manual Bounding : Re: Manual Bounding Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Manual Bounding
From: Peter Popov
Date: 22 Oct 2002 10:39:50
Message: <vmoaruslunm36f6vjpibpq501h2k01o27g@4ax.com>
On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:30:14 +0100, "Andrew Coppin"
<orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote:

>Let me put a specific question. If I create a shape that is the CSG
>intersection of several planes, do I need to bound it automatically, or can
>POV-Ray figure out its extent?

Automatic bounding has its limitations. What it basically does is
intersect the bounding boxes of CSG'ed objects in an attempt to reduce
the bounding box of the resulting CSG construct. Therefore it doesn't
work for infinite objects.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg