POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Convert matrix to rotate ? : Re: Convert matrix to rotate ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convert matrix to rotate ?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 22 May 2000 17:46:34
Message: <tfajisof9ihiip7do7f9mjud8uugc4i853@4ax.com>
On Mon, 22 May 2000 17:46:55 +0200, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

>> (provided it didn't have a significant skew
>> component.)
>
>You can do that with rotate, scale and translate too. Actually I would guess
>that any transformation can be done using those. Not that I need it... :-)

If you mean you can skew an object by rotation, translation and
scaling, I think you've been mislead. Mr. VanSickle is The One when it
comes to manipulating the matrix keyword and I trust whatever he says
on the subject, but this time I doubt he'd disagree. Then again, if I
am wrong, I will learn something new :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet