POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Printing POV Images on a Press : Re: Printing POV Images on a Press Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Printing POV Images on a Press
From: Ron Parker
Date: 3 Feb 2001 21:49:44
Message: <slrn97pgnb.357.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Sat, 3 Feb 2001 22:44:33 +0100, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
>Why not perform the RGB->CMYK conversion in a separate program? This
>doesn't seem to need any information about the scene, so it doesn't
>benefit from being implemented as a postprocess filter. OTOH, it needs
>information about the output device, which povray doesn't (and
>shouldn't) have (except for gamma correction).

My thought was that it might benefit from having the higher-precision color
information that's available to a postprocess filter, but that might not make
it worthwhile.

But then, it wouldn't be the first postprocess filter that would be better
implemented in a separate program, would it?

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.