POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Annimation Freeze : Re: Annimation Freeze Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Annimation Freeze
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 29 Nov 2000 20:01:48
Message: <slrn92b30j.7jj.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:39:36 -0800, David Vincent-Jones wrote:
>I am trying to run a fairly complex annimation series through 100
>frames on a P450 with 128 mb. memory, all under Win2k. There are
>about 2500 objects located on a height_field and there is also a semi
>transparent plane.
>When I set q=9, to include the transparent plane, the system freezes
>after about 5 or 6 frames are rendered at 700 x 350 resolution. If I
>remove the transparent plane and set q=5 I get the same problem after
>30 frames.
[...]
>Am I seing some sort of garbage collection problem ?

Looks like it. Use the task manager or the performance monitor to check
whether povrays memory usage is increasing with each frame.

You might try to use the commandline version of povray, if this also has
a leak, you could write a batch file which calls povray for each frame
(or a small number of frames).

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Es war nicht Gegenstand der Abstimmung zu

__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |	-- Johannes Schwenke <jby### [at] ginkode>