POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POV-Ray help site : Re: POV-Ray help site Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray help site
From: Ron Parker
Date: 18 May 2000 09:51:07
Message: <slrn8i7u2h.5np.ron.parker@linux.parkerr.fwi.com>
On Thu, 18 May 2000 12:14:24 +0300, Peter Popov wrote:
>This could pose copyright problems. Also, the text in these newsgroups
>is well over a hundred megabytes, where are you going to host that?

That's not including the .binaries groups, though.  Counting the size
of all the text in those groups would be a little difficult, but it's
probably at least as much as in .general (which is about 50 megabytes.)

>>4. A search function that accesses all of the above.
>
>That should be the easiest part once you've done the rest, but the
>most vital as well.

Not necessarily the easiest.  See my post in .general.  (By the way, Doug,
could you pick just one newsgroup next time?  It's nice to have the whole
discussion in the same place.)