POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Depth output from POVray : Re: Depth output from POVray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Depth output from POVray
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 Sep 1999 11:31:31
Message: <slrn7uf96j.v8.parkerr@ron.gwmicro.com>
On 21 Sep 1999 09:14:44 -0400, Nieminen Juha wrote:
>  This is a VFAQ. Anyone willing to write a comprehensive answer to this so
>that I can put it on the page?

Someone wrote a whole chapter about this in a Waite Group book on making
SIRDS.  I could try to summarize the two methods they mentioned there, since I
have a copy of the book (probably now out of print) or I could just break down
and rewrite the patch I had for POV 2.2 that added this capability without any
serious scenefile modifications (or someone else could - it's just a tiny change
to determine_apparent_colour).