POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : error: Cannot layer over a patterned texture. : Re: error: Cannot layer over a patterned texture. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: error: Cannot layer over a patterned texture.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 Nov 1999 16:26:47
Message: <rwQ7OMjikoNkC6VwSG3nRL6+NmDp@4ax.com>
On 23 Nov 1999 11:29:02 -0500, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:

>  When I was making my irtc animation entry, povray told me this:
>
>error: Cannot layer over a patterned texture.
>
>  Why not?

I have run into the same problem more than once in the past and have
always achieved good results by nesting the patterned texture into the
one I couldn't layer, more precisely supplementing all clear parts
with the aforementioned patterned texture. Personally I don't see it
as a bug but rather a limitation in POV (it does give a proper error
message :) ) but have no answer as to why such a limitation exists. I
will approach the Team with this question and see if they have an
answer.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700