POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rotate object to lie along a vector : Re: Rotate object to lie along a vector Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotate object to lie along a vector
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 5 Dec 2000 03:39:15
Message: <qqmofyrb6to.fsf@pluto07.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
David Fontaine <dav### [at] faricynet> writes:

> It will be... (counting on fingers) ...too long before I have a vectors and
> matrices course. Math moves so slow.

Vectors and matrices aren't so difficult, in particular if you only need
two and three dimensional vectors.

Asking google, I have found a web page for you:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rapidproto/handouts/vectors.html
It is a rather compact description of what you should know about vectors
for your purpose. Since the information density is quite high, don't
get frustrated, if you need several weeks to digest it. Then reread what
I wrote.

Afterwards you will agree that vectors are exactly what you need
for your POV-Ray projects (probably you already used them without noticing).

Bye
Thomas

--
http://www.thomas.willhalm.de/ (includes pgp key)