POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spring-Algorithm : Re: Spring-Algorithm Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spring-Algorithm
From: Peter Popov
Date: 11 Sep 2002 03:06:23
Message: <qgqtnug28ghejleb9ic71utant7up84pn3@4ax.com>
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:13:54 +0200, "Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>Anyone got any good (and free) spring algorithms with
>good explanations so that I know what to do to make them
>"softer" / less rigid?

From the list I mentioned, Xavier Provot has some good and not too
hard explanations on using a combination of implicit and explicit
integration to increase the integration step size. Also, "Large Steps
in Cloth Simulation" by Baraff & Witkin is a definite must-read.

Glad if I can help even a little. I've been wanting to do a more or
less complete physics simulation engine for years now, and so far have
not found the time. Seeing as how particle systems, cloth simulations,
deformable bodies, IK systems and what not spring up every week or so
really gladdens my heart - at least *someone* will do it :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg