POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : What do vista and light buffers do? : Re: What do vista and light buffers do? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What do vista and light buffers do?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 31 Aug 2000 02:20:43
Message: <q1urqso7jhiulu1l4eapph6ha112bdff47@4ax.com>
On 30 Aug 2000 23:55:38 -0400, ron### [at] povrayorg (Ron Parker)
wrote:

>>: The vista buffer is a 2-d representation of the locations of the objects in
>>: the scene, as seen from the camera.
>>
>>  How does povray determine those 2D areas?
>
>By projecting the bounding boxes onto a sphere, I suspect.  I've never looked.

That's one way to put it but maybe it only stores the bounding box
vertices in spherical coordinates with respect to every light source?
That would be faster and less memory consuming, I think.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet