POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Smooth camera motion paths : Re: Smooth camera motion paths Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth camera motion paths
From: ABX
Date: 23 Apr 2003 09:13:58
Message: <q14davkqdqolrcv7on1c1uit763o6td0fj@4ax.com>
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:57:10 +0100, "CB" <col### [at] nospamcouk> wrote:
> I've built a POV model and I would like to perform a "fly-by". In most 3D
> packages you would simply set the location and direction of the camera at
> specific frame numbers and the package would smooth out the camera motion
> during the complete animation.

In POV SDL (scene description language) camera can be at any place and look in
any direction. That's you who defines how it is located: constant or with some
movement. As for movement it can be precalculated for every frame or it can be
calculated with macro, function, spline or any possible tool of SDL expressions.
Probably splines best fits your needs. Look in manual for its description.

ABX