POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POVRay in the system tray: can it show progress? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay in the system tray: can it show progress? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Subject: POVRay in the system tray: can it show progress?
Date: 1 Jul 1999 12:11:14
Message: <377B933F.DB91B0B7@fv.aetec.ee>
Hello!

I'm (well, not I, but my computer) currently rendering picture, which
will take considerable time (I estimate 3 days). I have put POVRay to
system tray, so it does not get on my way in taskbar. But I'd like to
see some kind of progress indication in this pop-up window, which is
displayed, when mouse is over the POVRay icon in system tray; percent of
completion will be good enough. Now it displays rather unnecessary
information and in order to determine, whether it is ready, I have to
click it open and close it again.

Post a reply to this message

Vahur Krouverk <vah### [at] fvaetecee> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I'm (well, not I, but my computer) currently rendering picture, which
>will take considerable time (I estimate 3 days). I have put POVRay to
>system tray, so it does not get on my way in taskbar. But I'd like to
>see some kind of progress indication in this pop-up window, which is
>displayed, when mouse is over the POVRay icon in system tray; percent of
>completion will be good enough. Now it displays rather unnecessary
>information and in order to determine, whether it is ready, I have to
>click it open and close it again.

It does display this information (from as far back as 3.1d, which was released
in February this year).

You must have an old version ... I suggest that you upgrade to the current one
(usually a good idea when you want to get new features ...)

Post a reply to this message

> It does display this information (from as far back as 3.1d, which was released
> in February this year).
>
> You must have an old version ... I suggest that you upgrade to the current one
> (usually a good idea when you want to get new features ...)

Sorry in this case. Currently I use Superpatch from Ron Parker, which I
have patched myself a little bit too (corrected one superpatch bug in
order to get my scene rendering). About box says 3.1e, but maybe windows
part of this patch in not up-to-date.

Post a reply to this message