POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Texture mapping problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  Texture mapping problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: massimo
Subject: Texture mapping problem
Date: 15 Jul 1998 07:15:55
Message: <35ac7cc7.391636@news.povray.org>
Perhaps it's only a newcomer mistake, but why texture maps (I mean
bitmap ones, not procedural) don't stay the same when I choose to
render at a higher resolution? I placed a black & yellow stripe (like
those "under construction") on a sliding panel, scaled the texture
until looked fine, rendered at 320x200. Not bad. Then rendered again
at 640x400 and the texture was a mess! Does render size affect texture
scaling? The model are the same size, just the render window is
bigger. What's wrong? Anyone knows?

Thanks

Massimo
aka MadMax

Post a reply to this message

Can you explain what kind of "mess" is happening.
Is your black&yellow line becoming crooked, or
the color is wrong or ... ?
Are you using anti-aliasing when you render the
bigger image. Turning it on can clean up a lot of
problems with strait lines that are at an angle to
the camera.
Try 640x480 AA 0.3 or even 640x480 AA 0.1
and see if that helps.

K.Tyler

mas### [at] mailsincretechit wrote:

> Perhaps it's only a newcomer mistake, but why texture maps (I mean
> bitmap ones, not procedural) don't stay the same when I choose to
> render at a higher resolution? I placed a black & yellow stripe (like
> those "under construction") on a sliding panel, scaled the texture
> until looked fine, rendered at 320x200. Not bad. Then rendered again
> at 640x400 and the texture was a mess! Does render size affect texture
> scaling? The model are the same size, just the render window is
> bigger. What's wrong? Anyone knows?
>
> Thanks
>
> Massimo
> aka MadMax

Post a reply to this message

Make sure you use "interpolate 2" in the
image_map statement -- it smooths out the
transition between raster file pixels.

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/