POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Viewing attachments with slrn Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:04 EDT (-0400)
  Viewing attachments with slrn (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Steve
Subject: Viewing attachments with slrn
Date: 4 Jun 2000 10:59:03
Message: <slrn8jkr0i.4gu.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
I've got a way of viewing attachments from p.b.i in slrn,
just press "v" while the article is open and it opens
the display utility of ImageMagic with the attached image.

It'll view the first attachment fine, but doesn't load any
further attachments of a multi attachment post into
ImageMagic.  I'd be glad if someone can advise me on how
to remedy this, the code is below for both the macro
and bash script.

## The bash script:
(slrn_uudecode --stdout $1 | display - &) <&0

## The slrn macro
## If you use this be sure to remove these comment lines.
## as in S-Lang comments start with % and not #.
define xv_view_article ()
{
   call ("art_bob");

   if (re_search_article ("^begin \\d+ "))
     pipe_article ("uudisplay");
   else
     pipe_article ("uudisplay -64");
}
definekey ("xv_view_article", "v", "article");

To make it work I have recompiled slrn's own uudecode
utility and called it slrn_uudecode and put it in my
PATH, I've called my shell script uudisplay and
called the macro file uudisplay.sl

And in my .jnewsrc file I've included the line
interpret "/the/path/uudisplay.sl"

The person who wrote the original of this assumed that
XV would be used, but I can't get it to compile so
am using ImageMagic.

If anyone can help me to get multiple attachments to
work I'd be most grateful.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  3:27pm  up 4 days, 14:58,  2 users,  load average: 2.01, 2.02, 2.00

Post a reply to this message