POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : KPOVModeler Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  KPOVModeler (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: David F
Subject: Re: KPOVModeler
Date: 27 Jan 2002 22:17:09
Message: <3c54c2b5@news.povray.org>
Ken Cecka wrote:

> Syed hit the nail on the head - the following line is the root of your
> problems:
>
> conftest.C:4: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory

ok, I tried downloading it, and when I extracted it, and tryied compiling
it, I don't get a file libglut.so.3.7, but it does generate a libglut.a
Are these the same?  Can I just rename it, or should I figure out why it
won't compile the library correctly.  Thanks

--

David
smuchrusher <at> ameritech <dot> net

7:19pm up 4 days, 16:02, 0 users, load average: 1.27, 1.22, 1.09

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:20:30 -0600, David F <smu### [at] ameritechnet>
wrote:

>ok, I tried downloading it, and when I extracted it, and tryied compiling
>it, I don't get a file libglut.so.3.7, but it does generate a libglut.a
>Are these the same?  Can I just rename it, or should I figure out why it
>won't compile the library correctly.  Thanks

Err... isn't one static and the other dynamic? If that's the case, you
should configure it to do the reverse of what you're doing :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg