POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT] Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT] (Message 1 to 10 of 38)
From: Adrien Beau
Subject: Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT]
Date: 28 Aug 2001 10:01:19
Message: <3B8BA437.B1A5DFA0@sycomore.fr>
Hello everyone,

This is clearly OT, but this it seems there are some persons
here that use non-Linux systems (yeah, real Unices).

Vim 6 is now in the final beta stage. All the features are in,
it's now time to kill the few remaining bugs. I think Vim's
author would be pleased to have some feedback from real-Unix
users. Vim is meant to be easily compilable on most Unix systems,
and any compilation problem should be sorted out before Vim 6
goes public.

Since it also adds optional support for Unicode and PostScript
printing, I expect it might reveal some oddities in different
Unix implementations.

If you are interested, you can read the first three paragraphs
of http://www.appwatch.com/lists/vim-dev/2001-August/008482.html

You can then skip to the 'Epilogue' at the end, where the
Vim source files URLs are given.

Thank you for your attention.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs

Post a reply to this message