POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Why I still dualboot Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Why I still dualboot (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: October
Subject: Why I still dualboot
Date: 7 Jul 2001 16:06:43
Message: <3b476bd3$1@news.povray.org>
I've recently upgraded to Mandrake 8.0 and I LOVE it.

I'm running it on a dual OS boot though, with Win98 (XP scares me but
that's a different topic).   Why?

I find myself booting into windows for only TWO things anymore:

playing games (WINE has potential but isn't there quite yet)
working with PoVray

I'm not an experienced user with Linux yet so I still find it much easier
to boot into windows and use the provided GUI editor there.  I read
somewhere that an X gui editor for pov may be included in a future
release and so I am posting this...  Such a thing would give me (and many
others) one less reason to use MS products at all.  It would not only
impact the pov *nix users of the world but would help to influence the
desktop OS revolution in general, albeit not in a big way but every
user-friendly app that makes it's way into *nix is one more step in the
right direction (IMHO).  Tried running Blender yet under *nix?!?!?!
YUCK!

--October

"In a world without walls who needs gates or windows?"

Post a reply to this message