POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Why I still dualboot : Re: Why I still dualboot Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I still dualboot
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Jul 2001 17:42:53
Message: <v29kktkrf2jnbouaaglar21lj38pe8b3md@4ax.com>
On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 13:06:54 -0700, "October" <ext### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

>I'm not an experienced user with Linux yet so I still find it much easier
>to boot into windows and use the provided GUI editor there.

There are at least four tools that provide about the same
functionality as the Windows GUI:

1. vim and more precisely gvim (requires X and any of motif, athena or
gtk)
2. SciTE (requires gtk)
3. Emacs (even better, XEmacs)
4. Wine :)

The first three have POV modes available. Some are outdated, some are
better. The fourth one... no comment :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg