POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Why I still dualboot : Re: Why I still dualboot Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I still dualboot
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 9 Jul 2001 19:07:05
Message: <3B4A2AEF.2264AAE1@peak.edu.ee>
Peter Popov wrote:

> There are at least four tools that provide about the same
> functionality as the Windows GUI:
>
> 1. vim and more precisely gvim (requires X and any of motif, athena or
> gtk)
> 2. SciTE (requires gtk)
> 3. Emacs (even better, XEmacs)
> 4. Wine :)
>
> The first three have POV modes available. Some are outdated, some are
> better. The fourth one... no comment :)

I use NEdit (www.nedit.org). It's a fine editor overall, and teaching it
POV syntax is really easy. I haven't checked where it stores the
language templates, but I'll look it up and post it if someone's
interested.
Also, in my experience the POVWin editor runs quite OK under Wine; don't
go rendering with it though ;)

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee