POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon - Multilanguage Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Pyvon - Multilanguage (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: SÅ‚awomir Szczyrba
Subject: Re: Pyvon - Multilanguage
Date: 7 Sep 2002 09:46:33
Message: <slrnanjm7i.8r5.steev@hot.pl>

> Does povray deal correctly with spaces in the name of the scenes when
> you start it from a console ?

Nope.
It can't parse it.

> As far as I am concerned, the problem does not come from Pyvon.

You're right. :)

--

 \__ \__ \_______________________________________________________________

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 7 Sep 2002 10:49:38
Message: <3d7a1202$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3D7### [at] netscapenet> , Roz <Rzl### [at] netscapenet>
wrote:

> The Windows version has the same problem.

No, it has not.  It was explained in the p.windows some time ago why it does
not work with pvengine.  The problems you see are completely unrelated:

The X display init code preparses the command line and unfortunately does
not handle the arguments correctly.  Compiling POV-Ray without X display
support (probably adding #define X_DISPLAY_MISSING in config.h will be
sufficient) will resolve the problem.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde