POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon - Multilanguage : Re: Pyvon - Multilanguage Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon - Multilanguage
From: Roz
Date: 7 Sep 2002 11:50:50
Message: <3D7A20B0.9070606@netscape.net>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <3D7### [at] netscapenet> , Roz <Rzl### [at] netscapenet>
> wrote:
>

>>The Windows version has the same problem.
>

> No, it has not.  It was explained in the p.windows some time ago why it does
> not work with pvengine.  The problems you see are completely unrelated:

I didn't peek at the p.windows newsgroup. All I did was test it and I get
the same behavior as I do with the Linux version.

When running the following command from a DOS prompt:

pvengine +i"test file.pov"

I get the following error in the Messages window of POV-Ray 3.5 for Windows:

This windows version by Cristopher J. Cason
Possible Command Line Error: File name or path parameter expected for
switch 'I', found 'test'.
Command Line Error: Problem with command line or INI file.

When running the following command from a DOS prompt:

pvengine +i"testfile.pov"

it works. Maybe the cause of the problem isn't the same but the results
are, i.e. POV-Ray doesn't like filenames with spaces in it using the +i
switch.

> The X display init code preparses the command line and unfortunately does
> not handle the arguments correctly.  Compiling POV-Ray without X display
> support (probably adding #define X_DISPLAY_MISSING in config.h will be
> sufficient) will resolve the problem.

I'll give that a go. To me it's no big deal as there are ways around the
problem anyway like not using filenames with spaces in it or using an
ini file for the scene. Or, as I said in another post, use the
Input_File_Name setting right on the command line.

-Roz