POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon - Multilanguage : Re: Pyvon - Multilanguage Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon - Multilanguage
From: Roz
Date: 7 Sep 2002 18:12:18
Message: <3D7A7A18.10801@netscape.net>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <3D7### [at] netscapenet> , Roz <Rzl### [at] netscapenet>
> wrote:
>

>>it works. Maybe the cause of the problem isn't the same but the results
>>are, i.e. POV-Ray doesn't like filenames with spaces in it using the +i
>>switch.
>

> No, this is incorrect.  You are not passing correct arguments to the Windows
> version.  It is not meant to work like a plain commandline version.  in
> Windows you have to start it the way I explained in:
>
> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:19:24 +0200
> From: "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
> Newsgroups: povray.windows
> Subject: Re: NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ?

I looked in the p.windows newsgroup after your earlier post and found that
thread. That does describe the same problem. I understand what you're
saying in that for the Windows version, you need to specify /RENDER or
you'll get the error I got ;)

That doesn't help Fabien's problem however because that's a Windows specific
solution. Even recompiling with the config.h change you suggested won't
help him because he's trying to make a program work with existing
installations of POV-Ray. Hopefully, using Input_File_Name instead of +i
will solve this issue for him or at least be a good workaround.

-Roz