POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : THE "DUSTY SHADOW BUG " Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  THE "DUSTY SHADOW BUG " (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: merath
Subject: THE "DUSTY SHADOW BUG "
Date: 30 Oct 1999 19:34:38
Message: <381B8158.86D51797@t-online.de>
THE "DUSTY SHADOW BUG "
here it is , the major bug , a dusty shadow behind a transparent object.
Yes ,it's a  triangle based prism . A spotlight is pointing directly on
it's surface .
The prism is placed direct in front of a white wall .So it seems to be
one of the first lessons in physics .

%> Test it out before writing nonsense to me .

The reality has to show a rainbow like effect .
Raytracer's show me a DUSTY SHADOW ( BUG ?).

oh wake up ,(early in the morning , 5  am , a lot of MHz , 1 Penguin and
i )

 that isn't as realistic as you mean ,it's only a bad shaded picture
nothing else !

 Ok , if there is no glass in my scene the picture shows real,
and i love povray

BUT what's about light effecting materials in a scene .Some glasses on a
tabel or a bottle --  ? A few day's work begins .
BUT the DUSTY SHADOW BUG is the same , Now what says red hack ?
--- DUSTY SHADOW BUG ----
is it at me , to learn more about povray's posibilities , or is it the
DUSTY SHADOW BUG
%> Test it out before writing nonsense to me .

thank's
merath
early in the morning , 5  am , a lot of MHz , 1 Penguin and i

Post a reply to this message

I'm assuming that was translated by a computer.  Anyway, if you post your
POV source in the povray.text.scene-files group, everyone will have a better
time figuring out what exactly is going wrong.  The first thing to realize
is that POV will NOT split the light beam into a rainbow.  Unless you use
UVPov with dispersion turned on, of course.  (For more information on UVPov,
go to http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm.)

-Nathan

merath <mer### [at] t-onlinede> wrote...

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999 01:38:00 +0200, merath <mer### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

>%> Test it out before writing nonsense to me .

  Hi, Merath. Please read, "How to post bug reports", in the
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions group. Thank you.