POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : THE "DUSTY SHADOW BUG " : THE "DUSTY SHADOW BUG " Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  THE "DUSTY SHADOW BUG "
From: merath
Date: 30 Oct 1999 19:34:38
Message: <381B8158.86D51797@t-online.de>
THE "DUSTY SHADOW BUG "
here it is , the major bug , a dusty shadow behind a transparent object.
Yes ,it's a  triangle based prism . A spotlight is pointing directly on
it's surface .
The prism is placed direct in front of a white wall .So it seems to be
one of the first lessons in physics .

%> Test it out before writing nonsense to me .

The reality has to show a rainbow like effect .
Raytracer's show me a DUSTY SHADOW ( BUG ?).

oh wake up ,(early in the morning , 5  am , a lot of MHz , 1 Penguin and
i )

 that isn't as realistic as you mean ,it's only a bad shaded picture
nothing else !

 Ok , if there is no glass in my scene the picture shows real,
and i love povray

BUT what's about light effecting materials in a scene .Some glasses on a
tabel or a bottle --  ? A few day's work begins .
BUT the DUSTY SHADOW BUG is the same , Now what says red hack ?
--- DUSTY SHADOW BUG ----
is it at me , to learn more about povray's posibilities , or is it the
DUSTY SHADOW BUG
%> Test it out before writing nonsense to me .

thank's
merath
early in the morning , 5  am , a lot of MHz , 1 Penguin and i