POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Combining Materials in Poser Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Combining Materials in Poser (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Stephen
Subject: Combining Materials in Poser
Date: 26 Jun 2007 06:10:02
Message: <web.4680e5cbf75b4df2c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
Can anyone tell me a quick way to change materials? I have a skirt (and I
look nice in it :-) that has three parts, hem, lower and upper skirt. I
want to combine them and use only one material. I think that I could do it
in a modeller and import it into Poser but I find that the scaling of the
imported mesh does not remain constant. (I am using 3DS format.) So I would
like to make the whole skirt out of one simple material and add aging and
dirt in my modeller. Any Ideas?

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me a quick way to change materials? I have a skirt (and I
> look nice in it :-) that has three parts, hem, lower and upper skirt. I
> want to combine them and use only one material. I think that I could do it
> in a modeller and import it into Poser but I find that the scaling of the
> imported mesh does not remain constant. (I am using 3DS format.) So I
> would
> like to make the whole skirt out of one simple material and add aging and
> dirt in my modeller. Any Ideas?

     Stephen, in Wings, there's a 'combine' command that will do this.

      I'm not sure if there is a scaling problem with 3DS files in Wings,
but I would try converting to OBJ if there is, (seems to keep scale ok).

        ~Steve~

> Stephen

Post a reply to this message