POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Combining Materials in Poser : Re: Combining Materials in Poser Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:46:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combining Materials in Poser
From: St
Date: 27 Jun 2007 12:04:12
Message: <46828a7c$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message

> I may have explained this badly. I have one mesh with three different
> materials assigned to different parts of the mesh (I think).

    Ah, I see, sorry Stephen, my bad, not yours, I thought you had three
models that made the skirt.

>> but in materials I was
>> > able to "assign" all the faces I wanted, to one material, and then
>> > delete
>> > the others. I'm a bit worried because everyone says that there is a
>> > steep
>> > learning curve with Wings.
>>
>>   No, quite the opposite - it's got an easy learning curve.
>>
> Good.
>
>>     Hmm, I know what you mean, when I import a figure from Poser into
>> Wings,
>> it's always too small, so I combine every object and simply scale up to
>> what
>> I want. When I import the same model back into Poser, it's way too large.
>> I've noticed in Poser that there is a 'percent' option for importing and
>> exporting, I haven't experimented with this yet, but I wonder if this
>> should
>> be used, and if so, what would the inputs be?
>
> That's percentage of a standard figure which changes the scale to match
> your
> input. I use a different value each time I use it, about 30% to 50 %. It
> is
> easier to rescale the model if you do that. (I think that doing that is
> bad
> working practice, tho')
> I think Janet may have described how to do it a couple of weeks ago. But
> when I'm at my laptop I'm offline and when I'm online I'm at work in an
> open office.

    Ok, I'll have a play with that.

>>     Anyway, just yell if you need to know anything else about Wings.  :)
>>

> I'm so pleased that you asked :-)
> How do you Navigate? I would like to pan and rotate around the model and I
> would like to Zoom into a selected area.

    Good question, but I'm not sure I can answer it with how it works with a
laptop. But if you have a wheel mouse at work, then just click the wheel
once and roll it in and out for zooming, and just pan around with the mouse.
If it isn't a wheel mouse, I think you just hold down the right button iirc.

     ~Steve~