POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Norbert Kern's 'Position-Finder' code-- redux Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:46:58 EDT (-0400)
  Norbert Kern's 'Position-Finder' code-- redux (Message 4 to 13 of 23)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Norbert Kern's 'Position-Finder' code-- redux
Date: 19 Sep 2018 03:05:02
Message: <5ba1f51e$1@news.povray.org>
On 19-9-2018 1:02, Kenneth wrote:
> Back in 2006, Norbert posted a really interesting macro 'tool' -- an object
> 'position finder' (or 'new object placer' as I call it)--that I've only recently
> become aware of. (Thanks, Thomas de Groot.) The code had a few flaws that I
> thought I would try and fix, as it's quite magical in what it does.  Norbert
> even mentioned at the time that in was not very mature. My own code is below, in
> a preliminary form. Currently, it's a stand-alone scene, for testing; I want to
> turn it into an include file eventually..

Well done, sir! I have little time at this particular moment, but be
sure that I am going to test your code. Just wanted you to know that I
was aware.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Sep 2018 05:40:00
Message: <web.5ba21902bb085d6ca47873e10@news.povray.org>

> Well done, sir! I have little time at this particular moment, but be
> sure that I am going to test your code. Just wanted you to know that I
> was aware.

Many thanks!

NOW, I'm finally going to take a leisurely look at your own code. I was on a
"mission from God" (as the Blues Brothers would say), to see how far I could get
on my own. Wow, did that hurt my brain!! Fun yet frustrating, at the same time.

Post a reply to this message