POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Temporary Gamma? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:30:51 EDT (-0400)
  Temporary Gamma? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Phil Clute
Subject: Temporary Gamma?
Date: 18 Jun 1999 04:40:29
Message: <376A066B.2996EB3@tiac.net>
I have a scene that I'm including someone else's object in.
Unfortuneatly 1 works best at assumed_gamma 4.0 the other
works at assumed_gamma 2.2 . Is there a keyword I'm not
aware of that will fix this. I was hoping I could just switch
gamma when the .inc file is read and then switch back when the
original file continues.
Really the problem is my own scene file. The shadowed area shows
up too much unless I increase the gamma. I would just tone down
the colors but I'm using an image_map.

Any help would be appreciated.
Phil
--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

> I have a scene that I'm including someone else's object in.
> Unfortuneatly 1 works best at assumed_gamma 4.0 the other
> works at assumed_gamma 2.2 . Is there a keyword I'm not
> aware of that will fix this. I was hoping I could just switch
> gamma when the .inc file is read and then switch back when the
> original file continues.
> Really the problem is my own scene file. The shadowed area shows
> up too much unless I increase the gamma. I would just tone down
> the colors but I'm using an image_map.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Phil
> --
> ...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.

I am not sure this will work but you can try adding two global setting in
your scene files. For example:

global_settings { assumed_gamma 2.2 }

#include "otherfile.inc"

object { object_from_inc }

global_settings { assumed_gamma 4.0 }

Rest of scene...

-----

I seriously doubt this will work but you can try anyway.
Don't be lazy and simply adjust the colors :-]

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message