POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Temporary Gamma? : Re: Temporary Gamma? Server Time
7 May 2024 00:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Temporary Gamma?
From: Ken
Date: 18 Jun 1999 04:49:46
Message: <376A0541.A5D3D740@pacbell.net>
Phil Clute wrote:

> I have a scene that I'm including someone else's object in.
> Unfortuneatly 1 works best at assumed_gamma 4.0 the other
> works at assumed_gamma 2.2 . Is there a keyword I'm not
> aware of that will fix this. I was hoping I could just switch
> gamma when the .inc file is read and then switch back when the
> original file continues.
> Really the problem is my own scene file. The shadowed area shows
> up too much unless I increase the gamma. I would just tone down
> the colors but I'm using an image_map.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Phil
> --
> ...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.

I am not sure this will work but you can try adding two global setting in
your scene files. For example:

global_settings { assumed_gamma 2.2 }

#include "otherfile.inc"

object { object_from_inc }

global_settings { assumed_gamma 4.0 }

Rest of scene...

-----

I seriously doubt this will work but you can try anyway.
Don't be lazy and simply adjust the colors :-]

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net