POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Temporary Gamma? : Re: Temporary Gamma? Server Time
6 May 2024 10:10:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Temporary Gamma?
From: Phil Clute
Date: 18 Jun 1999 13:30:27
Message: <376A82A2.CF0635A6@tiac.net>
>I seriously doubt this will work but you can try anyway.

Nope it doesn't, I tried.

>Don't be lazy and simply adjust the colors :-]

In this case, the offending colors are an image_map of the earth--
the same one in p.b.i. under 'Earth/Eyes', that image was done at
gamma 4.0 because lower settings showed the dark side of the planet
as not so dark. I'm not sure how I would go about toning down an
image_map...or even if that's the way to go. I generally try to
stay in gamma 1.0 anyhow.

I go to great leangths to be lazy. ;-)

--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.