POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Amiga Juggler Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Amiga Juggler (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: zman
Subject: Amiga Juggler
Date: 12 Mar 2008 12:30:00
Message: <web.47d812e1a2654c5bf66930fa0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have a PovRay input file that looks like the Amiga Juggler demo? I'm
sure I can make at least the static one pretty quickly but I would like to get
the animation too. I figured I would ask before I get going...

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone have a PovRay input file that looks like the Amiga Juggler demo? I'm
> sure I can make at least the static one pretty quickly but I would like to get
> the animation too. I figured I would ask before I get going...

I was looking for this just yesterday. If you could find the code of the
original renderer, or whatever input file was used, it should be easy to
convert it to POV-Ray (it's just sphere positions and colors!).

Post a reply to this message

> I was looking for this just yesterday. If you could find the code of the
> original renderer, or whatever input file was used, it should be easy to
> convert it to POV-Ray (it's just sphere positions and colors!).

I could not find original source for the renderer or input file... this article
gives some source for the final animation movie type rendering but that is all

http://home.comcast.net/~erniew/juggler.html

I guess I could try to track down Eric Graham and see if he has anything. I just
figured someone would have reproduced such a classic given how many POV ray
files have been created over the years.

Post a reply to this message

> Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote:
>> I was looking for this just yesterday. If you could find the code of the
>> original renderer, or whatever input file was used, it should be easy to
>> convert it to POV-Ray (it's just sphere positions and colors!).
>
> I could not find original source for the renderer or input file... this article
> gives some source for the final animation movie type rendering but that is all
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~erniew/juggler.html
>
> I guess I could try to track down Eric Graham and see if he has anything. I just
> figured someone would have reproduced such a classic given how many POV ray
> files have been created over the years.

Maybe you could start by asking Ernie Wright, the author of that website
(his email is on the front page). He may know how to contact Eric
Graham, or maybe even he has the needed sources...

Post a reply to this message

> Maybe you could start by asking Ernie Wright, the author of that website
> (his email is on the front page). He may know how to contact Eric
> Graham, or maybe even he has the needed sources...

already in progress ;-) I will let you know the outcome.

Post a reply to this message