POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Amiga Juggler : Re: Amiga Juggler Server Time
15 May 2024 22:56:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amiga Juggler
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Mar 2008 22:17:34
Message: <47d9ee4e$1@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message

>> uses the oscillating clock from clockmod.inc by Chris Colefax, done so I
>> could move the arms.
>
> Balls look OK to me

Maybe not if you were to animate it from straight on instead of over to one
side. ;^)

>  the arms have some weird movements...

That goes without saying. LOL! Got to use your imagination (ignore things).
:^)
I chose to use that oscillating motion so it would look like he was both
catching and throwing but it obviously needs way more coding to do a real
catch and throw. Possibly more splines would work for that, because the
starts and stops of the clockmod.inc is probably isn't sufficient for this.
And of course I couldn't help not thinking about mechsim stuff using MegaPOV
to do it all. That would be a trick to bounce those balls off the hands in
the right way. A juggler needing lots of practice (and rerendering).
--
/*bob hughes*/