POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Re: Twysted source (bug fixed) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twysted source (bug fixed) (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: Twysted source (bug fixed)
Date: 14 Sep 1999 09:58:33
Message: <37de5489@news.povray.org>
On 14 Sep 1999 08:10:48 -0400, Nieminen Juha wrote:
>Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>: If you can set up swap file like windows has you might be able to continue.
>
>  I didn't know that you can use linux without it using a swap file.

Are you sure?  I'm pretty sure the OpenLinux 2.2 install lets you get away
with not specifying a swap partition.  Does it just go ahead and use a
file in that case?  What if I have more memory than HD (my current situation.)

Post a reply to this message

:>   I didn't know that you can use linux without it using a swap file.

: I spoke out of ignorance. Forgive me.

  Oh no, forgive me for the sarcastic comment. I'm sure that linux can be
used without swap files, but AFAIK it creates a swap partition by default.

> On 14 Sep 1999 08:10:48 -0400, Nieminen Juha wrote:
> >Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> >: If you can set up swap file like windows has you might be able to continue.
> >
> >  I didn't know that you can use linux without it using a swap file.
>
> Are you sure?  I'm pretty sure the OpenLinux 2.2 install lets you get away
> with not specifying a swap partition.  Does it just go ahead and use a
> file in that case?  What if I have more memory than HD (my current situation.)

	RedHat 5.1 works pretty well without a swap partition (and AFAIK it's
not possible to use a regular file for the swap...)

		Jerome

--
*******************************

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *
*******************************

Post a reply to this message

>         RedHat 5.1 works pretty well without a swap partition (and AFAIK it's
> not possible to use a regular file for the swap...)
>
>                 Jerome
>
> --

> * they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
> * be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
> * Then do it.                 *

man mkswap ;-)

Cheers, PoD.