POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Re: Twysted source (bug fixed) : Re: Twysted source (bug fixed) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twysted source (bug fixed)
From: Manuel Moreno
Date: 16 Sep 1999 18:24:01
Message: <slrn7u2pvd.cs.meneses@B52.net>
El Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:15:24 -0700, Ken escrivio estos
 fermosos latines:

>> I'm currently running POV 3.1 on a linux machine with 48Mb RAM
>
>>  /____\  Manuel Moreno - Albacete - Spain
>
>  You don't have enough system memory to run this scene. If you can set up
>swap file like windows has you might be able to continue. Otherwise you need
>more ram on your system. I have 128 megs of physical ram and often have to
>use my memory swap file for scenes like this.

Thanks to all for your answers, I didn't imagine at a first sight
that such a small file could have so many objects.

Regarding to the linux swap matter, I've worked always without anyone
and this is the first time I find a problem with it. I use an old
slackware distribution (1995) and hope to fix this problem whith a new
hardrive and a more recent Debian.

--
   /\
  /  \