POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Wierd results with circular area light (Scene File) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Wierd results with circular area light (Scene File) (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Glen Berry
Subject: Wierd results with circular area light (Scene File)
Date: 22 Feb 2000 21:52:38
Message: <IEazOJy=+4sQqUQTE73IhliDvVnz@4ax.com>
/**************************************
POV-Ray Scene Description File

File Name:	Orient_Test_2.pov
Author:		Glen Berry
Author's Email:	pho### [at] ezwvcom
Date:		02/22/2000

**************************************/

#version unofficial MegaPov 0.4;

#include "colors.inc"

global_settings { ini_option "Width=600"
                                  ini_option "Height=600"
                                  ini_option "Antialias=On"
                                  ini_option "Antialias_Threshold=0"
                               }

camera { location -z*500
                   up y
                   right x
                   angle 45
                   look_at 0
                }

box { <-1,-1,0>, <1,1,1>
           pigment { color White }
           finish { ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.8 }
           scale <300, 300, 1>
        }

#declare Total = 8;
#declare Count=0;

#while(Count<Total)
   cylinder { <50, 0, -50>, <50, 0, 0.1>, 10
                      pigment { color Orange }
                      finish { ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.8 }
                      rotate z*Count*(360/Total)
                    }
   #declare Count=Count+1;
#end

// Circular Area Light, with orient?
light_source { 0
                            color rgb 1
                            area_light <40, 0, 0> <0, 0, 40> 9, 9
                            circular
                            orient
                            adaptive 0
                            jitter
                            translate -z*30
                         }

Date: 24 Feb 2000 12:21:30
Message: <38b5689a@news.povray.org>
Glenn Berry wrote:
<Snip>
>// Circular Area Light, with orient?
>light_source { 0
>                            color rgb 1
>                            area_light <40, 0, 0> <0, 0, 40> 9, 9 <----
fault is here
>                            circular
>                            orient
>                            adaptive 0
>                            jitter
>                            translate -z*30
>                         }

Replace the <40,0,0>,<0,0,40> with <-20,0,0>,<20,0,40>.
I'm not that good at explaining but you should be able to figure out the
error in your code.

Jide

Post a reply to this message