POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Wierd results with circular area light (Scene File) : Re: Wierd results with circular area light (Scene File) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wierd results with circular area light (Scene File)
From: Glen Berry
Date: 24 Feb 2000 19:19:33
Message: <R8m1OPApqQRREtQoUIWNKXFvUGWz@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:28:50 -0500, "Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom>
wrote:

>Glen Berry <7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote...
>
>>                            adaptive 0
>
>This line is also a problem.  Either comment out this line so that you'll
>use 9x9 non-adaptive, or use at least "adaptive 1".  Either of those will
>increase the number of samples and thus will get rid of the artifacts.

This line was also influenced by the Win POV insert menu. It's
"default" for adaptive is 0, although it lists other values in a
comment field.

As you can imagine, I will be modifying my insert menu.   :)

I appreciate everyone's help with this.

thanks,
Glen Berry