POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Wierd results with circular area light (Scene File) : Re: Wierd results with circular area light (Scene File) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wierd results with circular area light (Scene File)
Date: 24 Feb 2000 12:57:00
Message: <38b570ec@news.povray.org>
Glen Berry wrote:

><juh### [at] kolumbusfi> wrote:
>
>>Replace the <40,0,0>,<0,0,40> with <-20,0,0>,<20,0,40>.
>>I'm not that good at explaining but you should be able to figure out the
>>error in your code.
>
>I appreciate your help with this. For the record, I patterned my code
>after the official Windows POV insert menu. If you look at the insert
>menu's entry for "area light" you will see a line that contains this:
>
>    <8, 0, 0> <0, 0, 8>
>
>I simply changed the 8's to 40's, thinking all was well. Actually, I
>did think the line looked a little odd, but I trusted the insert menu
>to be correct.

I've never used the insert menu. It's a better workout for the brain when
you need to remeber every command :)

>One final thought: You have a comma inserted between your vectors, but
>the example in the insert menu does not. I wonder which is the most
>proper syntax? I'll try both and find out, I guess.

Propably the manuals <a,b,c> <d,e,f> but for some strange reason I've gotten
the <a,b,c>,<d,e,f> superimposed to my brain. It works and that's what I'm
mostly after in my code (well ok I do have pretty strict rules for tabs and
whatnot)

>thanks again,
>Glen Berry

Always glad to help whenever I can.