POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : HELP! I need a brushed aluminum texture Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  HELP! I need a brushed aluminum texture (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Andy
Subject: HELP! I need a brushed aluminum texture
Date: 9 Apr 2000 11:58:04
Message: <38F0AA84.7AD39BF2@uncc.edu>
I need to present a model to some folks this week and all my attempts at
a brushed aluminum texture have been less than appealing. Does anyone
have something whipped up already to donate to the cause? I'll post the
finished model in p.b.i when I get it finished.

Thanks,
Andy

--
------------
Andy Woodfin

Get paid to surf the web. Costs nothing, I'm not kidding.
I crap you negative. I got some. Click below.
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=HXG020
------------

Post a reply to this message

> I need to present a model to some folks this week and all my attempts at
> a brushed aluminum texture have been less than appealing. Does anyone
> have something whipped up already to donate to the cause? I'll post the
> finished model in p.b.i when I get it finished.

There is one such texture in textures.inc...it is called
Brushed_Aluminum. :-)
It basically uses an unevenly scaled bumps normal to simulate the
scratches. Check out the other textures, there are some techniques in
there which you might find useful.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/

Post a reply to this message