POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP! I need a brushed aluminum texture : Re: HELP! I need a brushed aluminum texture Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP! I need a brushed aluminum texture
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Apr 2000 14:03:13
Message: <chrishuff_99-E4A02C.13054609042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38F0AA84.7AD39BF2@uncc.edu>, Andy <adw### [at] unccedu>
wrote:

> I need to present a model to some folks this week and all my attempts at
> a brushed aluminum texture have been less than appealing. Does anyone
> have something whipped up already to donate to the cause? I'll post the
> finished model in p.b.i when I get it finished.

There is one such texture in textures.inc...it is called
Brushed_Aluminum. :-)
It basically uses an unevenly scaled bumps normal to simulate the
scratches. Check out the other textures, there are some techniques in
there which you might find useful.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/