POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Toy Top example for MegaPOV motion_blur{} Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Toy Top example for MegaPOV motion_blur{} (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: omniVERSE
Subject: Toy Top example for MegaPOV motion_blur{}
Date: 16 Dec 1999 12:30:56
Message: <385921d0@news.povray.org>
// Bob's Toy Top motion_blur example for MegaPOV [watch for line wrapping of
comments!]

#version 3.1;

// declaring clock as anything else doesn't work apparently
/*
#declare clock_type="D"
#include "clockmod.inc"
#declare dC=mclock;

#declare clock_type="S"
#include "clockmod.inc"
#declare sC=mclock;
*/

global_settings
{
  assumed_gamma 2.2 // PC
   // timestamp 1,5
  motion_blur 16,1.001-(pow(clock, .5 / 1)) // deceleration taken from
C.C.'s ClockMod.inc
}

// ----------------------------------------
camera
{
  location  <-3, 4.5, -9>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     4/3*x
  look_at   <.5, 1.5, 0>
}

sky_sphere
{
  pigment
  {
    gradient y
    color_map { [0 color rgb <.6,.8,.9>] [.25 color rgb <.3,.6,1>] [1 color
rgb <.1,.3,.6>] }
  }
}

light_source
{
  0*x // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb 1.5  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

#declare C=clock;  // motion blur won't accept this either

// ----------------------------------------
plane { y, 0 clipped_by {box {-1,1 scale <10,1,10>}} pigment {color rgb
<0.7,0.5,0.3>}}

// $blur=yes;

// #if(blur)

motion_blur{

  union{

    cone {0,1,-2*y,0}
    sphere { 0, 1}
    torus {.5,.25 clipped_by {cylinder {-.25*y,.25*y,.5}} translate 1.125*y}
    texture {pigment {radial frequency 8} finish{specular .75 metallic 1
brilliance 1}}
  }

  // scale clock+.5
   translate (1.25-(.5-(clock*.5)))*y // move object down first to get
wobble
// rotate 720*dC*y rotate sC*60*x rotate (720-(360*sC))*y  // non-working
way
  rotate -(90*(1-(sin((clock - .5) * pi) / 2 + .5)))*y // S-wave taken from
C.C.'s ClockMod.inc
   rotate (pow(clock, 2)*(60*sin((clock - .5) * pi) / 2 + .5))*x // S-wave
taken from C.C.'s ClockMod.inc
    rotate (540-(1080*(pow(clock, .5 / 1))))*y // deceleration taken from
C.C.'s ClockMod.inc
  translate (1.25-(.425*clock))*y  // move back up so tip is at plane (not
accurate!)

 // translate <0,2,6*clock>
}

// #end