POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Toy Top example for MegaPOV motion_blur{} : Re: Toy Top example for MegaPOV motion_blur{} Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toy Top example for MegaPOV motion_blur{}
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 8 Jan 2000 16:04:56
Message: <3877A761.AA17E3D3@geocities.com>
"Jon A. Cruz" wrote:

> Peter Warren wrote:
>
> >   omniVERSE wrote in message <385921d0@news.povray.org>...
> > >// [watch for line wrapping of comments!]
> > Why does this happen and is there anything one can do
> > to prevent it.
> >
> > BTW nice top.
> >
> > Peter
>
> Well, the posting software usually can be set to send things out
> correctly, but any Microsoft reading software is broken and in direct
> violation of the RFC's, goes ahead and wraps it for you when it comes
> in. Just more of MS software being "helpful" and knowing better than you
> the ignorant user and "better than" the standards created by the entire
> global community.
>
> oooh.. and don't even get me started on how horribly they handle
> standard mail...

oops. Sorry. Forgot that there was an actual solution for the problem.

Install Netscape and use that for newsreading. Set the option to not wrap
incoming messages (which should not be needed, but is a work-around hack
for malformed posts from broken posting software such as MS Outlook)

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.