POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : incandescent light bulb glass object Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:01 EDT (-0400)
  incandescent light bulb glass object (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: incandescent light bulb glass object
Date: 31 Aug 1999 13:29:27
Message: <37cc10f7@news.povray.org>
sor {  // glass for household type incandescent light bulb
    10,
    <0.0, 0.0>
    <0.33, 0.0>
    <0.44, 0.2>
    <0.54, 0.3>
    <0.72, 0.45>
    <0.75, 0.6>
    <0.6, 0.74>
    <0.45, 0.8>
    <0.2, .86>
    <0.0, 1.01>
    // open
  scale <1,2.34,1>
}

--
omniVERSE

Post a reply to this message

From: PovRayMan
Subject: Re: incandescent light bulb glass object
Date: 31 Aug 1999 16:20:34
Message: <37CC39BB.17D692A6@alignment.net>
Thanks Man heh...
Once I redesign my RGB Lamp scene, I'll post it on p.b.i for everyone
heh.

---
PovRayMan
prm### [at] alignmentnet

Bob Hughes wrote:

> sor {  // glass for household type incandescent light bulb
>     10,
>     <0.0, 0.0>
>     <0.33, 0.0>
>     <0.44, 0.2>
>     <0.54, 0.3>
>     <0.72, 0.45>
>     <0.75, 0.6>
>     <0.6, 0.74>
>     <0.45, 0.8>
>     <0.2, .86>
>     <0.0, 1.01>
>     // open
>   scale <1,2.34,1>
> }
>
> --
> omniVERSE

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 31 Aug 1999 22:50:03
Message: <37cc945b@news.povray.org>
This light bulb is actually pretty pitiful if you get close to it. I
just made it once for distant scene additions and hadn't realized how
messed up it is. In fact even after fixing on it somewhat it still has
broken places when the camera is in certain places (directly in front)
and adding 'sturm' really messes it up instead of helping.  'sor' can
be difficult to control it seems.
Anyhow, here's the better of the two I think:

sor {
    11,
    <0.01, 0.0>
    <0.33, 0.01>
    <0.44, 0.2>
    <0.52, 0.3>
    <0.7, 0.44>
    <0.74, 0.62>
    <0.59, 0.76>
    <0.44, 0.8225>
    <0.26, 0.865>
    <0.1125, 0.875>
    <0.0, 0.899>
    // open
   // sturm  // don't use this
  scale <1,2.34,1>
}

Bob

PovRayMan <prm### [at] alignmentnet> wrote in message
> Thanks Man heh...
> Once I redesign my RGB Lamp scene, I'll post it on p.b.i for
everyone
> heh.
>
> ---
> PovRayMan
> prm### [at] alignmentnet
>

> Bob Hughes wrote:
>
> > sor {  // glass for household type incandescent light bulb
> >     10,
> >     <0.0, 0.0>
> >     <0.33, 0.0>
> >     <0.44, 0.2>