POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV RAY Update Server Time
17 May 2024 08:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  POV RAY Update (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: POV RAY Update
Date: 27 Feb 2007 16:44:00
Message: <45e4a620@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> here). There is no reason to use that proprietary class library and those
> language extensions in any software other than locking it to Microsoft
> operating systems.

Actually, I tried Mono under Linux and it works like a charm.
Of course, that applies to C# and not mixed-mode C++. Not that
it would make a lot of sense to port POV-Ray to C#, except maybe
the Windows GUI (in that area, it might simplify development
and enable it to run under Linux as well).

Post a reply to this message