POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Att variable in lighting.cpp Server Time
2 May 2024 14:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Att variable in lighting.cpp (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jing Li
Subject: Att variable in lighting.cpp
Date: 5 Dec 2005 21:50:01
Message: <web.4394fb6c57e304dee49f817c0@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

What is the meaning of the Att variable in method "compute_lighted_texture"?
It is computed
using the fomula
Att = (1.0 - (LayCol[pFILTER]*max3(LayCol[0],LayCol[1],LayCol[2]) +
LayCol[pTRANSM]));

Thanks,

Jing

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Att variable in lighting.cpp
Date: 5 Dec 2005 22:48:21
Message: <43950a05$1@news.povray.org>
Jing Li wrote:
> What is the meaning of the Att variable in method "compute_lighted_texture"?
> It is computed
> using the fomula
> Att = (1.0 - (LayCol[pFILTER]*max3(LayCol[0],LayCol[1],LayCol[2]) +
> LayCol[pTRANSM]));

Attenuation.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: Jing Li
Date: 6 Dec 2005 16:10:01
Message: <web.4395fd28a4ef11a8e49f817c0@news.povray.org>
Could you tell me what kind of attenuation of Att is, such as Light-source
attenusation or Atmospheric attenuation, and where the original formula
comes from?

Thanks,

Jing

> Jing Li wrote:
> > What is the meaning of the Att variable in method "compute_lighted_texture"?
> > It is computed
> > using the fomula
> > Att = (1.0 - (LayCol[pFILTER]*max3(LayCol[0],LayCol[1],LayCol[2]) +
> > LayCol[pTRANSM]));
>
> Attenuation.
>
>  Thorsten

Post a reply to this message