POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : *.hdr fileformat Server Time
17 May 2024 07:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  *.hdr fileformat (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Roman Reiner
Subject: *.hdr fileformat
Date: 13 Nov 2005 04:45:01
Message: <web.43770a4448295b86a0c45c20@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

effect that I saw when viewing a couple of animations rendered with

a halo around them. For example when I have  a completely black image with

say 10, I except to see a glow-like effect.
I currently fake this effect by rendering an image a couple of times with
different assumed_gamma settings. Afterwards I load those images to
Photoshop, gaussian-blur the images proportional to their gamma-settings

blurred more) and then layer those images into one. This happens to be
quite a job especially with an huge amount of frames for example in an
animation or when you have to render a slow-rendering image very often. So
this is why I a) want to write a little program doing this stuff for me (it
will be written in java as this is the only programming language I know)
and b) want to use Megapovs *.hdr output as then every frame has only to be
rendered once.

This is where my question appears:

something like that http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_bitmap (the site

I hope someone can help me with that.